The rental market is now stronger and safer than ever with excellent returns being paid to landlords on their capital investment.
Our experienced team at James Pye & Son can draw on our base of numerous of waiting tenants to provide you with peace of mind that your property is being well looked after.
However, there can be pitfalls in letting aproperty for the non-professional by perhaps choosing a bad tenant or not handling a legal or maintenance issue within the current frameworks of the law.
James Pye & Son are here to guide you through the marketing of your property, choosing of a tenant, demanding rent, handling maintenance issues, issuing legal notices, negotiating rent increases and deposit returns and disputes.
We offer three services: Fully Managed, Tenant Find & Rent Collection & Tenant Find Only. James Pye & Son can tailor each service to suit your needs.
Full Management Service
James Pye & Son provides a property management service to owners (and superior landlords) wishing to let out their property. The fee for the management is taken as a percentage of the gross rents due for the period of the tenancy and a set-up fee will normally be levied at the outset for taking references and arranging the tenancy.
The Full Management Service Includes:
1. Advising as to the likely rental income.
2. Advertising and generally marketing the Property.
3. Interviewing prospective tenants carrying out credit search and referencing ( to include county court and insolvency records, electoral roll and bank details verification, taking up references employment references and if applicable landlords over 3 years) Where necessary, additional security would be requested by means of a guarantor. In the case of a limited company, a full company search and accountants reference will be taken.
4. Preparing the Tenancy Agreement necessary for the Landlord to gain protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts, and renewing the Agreement where necessary at the end of the Term.
5. Liaising with a Landlord's mortgagees where necessary with regard to references and Tenancy Agreement.
6. Arranging for the signing of the Tenancy Agreement and collection of rent for first rental period together with any dilapidation/security deposit paid. (see Holding Fees and Deposits).
7. Collecting the rent in line with the rent payment periods contained in the tenancy agreement and paying over to the Landlord less any fees or expenses due or incurred for the period. Payments will be made by direct bank transfer together with a detailed rent statement. Monies will reach the Landlord bank account as cleared funds no later than 10 working days from payment date.
8. Arranging with service companies (principally electricity, gas and water) for meter readings and advising them of the transfer of service contracts to the tenant at the beginning of each tenancy.
9. Regular inspections of the Property are carried out on a half yearly basis. Responsibility for and management of empty property is not normally included, and will only be carried out by special arrangement.
10. Co-ordination of repair or maintenance including arranging for tradesmen to attend the Property and obtaining estimates where necessary, supervising works and settling accounts from rents received.
11. Making payments on behalf of the Landlord from rents received for water rates, insurance premiums, etc.
12. Carrying out a full property inspection and inventory check at the end of the tenancy and dealing with matters relating to unfair wear and tear before releasing the tenant's deposit.
13. May include credit search.
Rent Collection Service
James Pye & Son offer a Rent Collection Service provided as listed above for Full Management Service which is made up of POINTS 1 to 9 ABOVE.
Let Only Service
Where the Landlord does not wish us to undertake Full Management or Rent Collection, James Pye & Son can provide a Let Only Service which is made up of POINTS 1 to 6 ABOVE.